Democratic grassroots organizing shifted immensely during the 2020 election. We had to change our tactics, overcome immense obstacles alone at home, and band together despite rising tensions, misinformation, and attacks on our country. And with the next elections just on the horizon, the stakes have never been higher.
Massachusetts organizing plays a critical role in supporting elections across this nation, as we look to 2022, 2024, and beyond, we need to build up our own infrastructure so we can help Democrats succeed in the elections that matter most.
Before the summer vacation arrives, Swing Left Greater Boston is bringing together organizers and grassroots group leaders to share information and discuss what’s at stake when it comes to voter protection, disinformation, and the road to 2022.
Introducing… The 2021 Grassroots Reboot
Join us on June 5 from 10:00 am ET – 12:00 pm ET
Swing Left Greater Boston and our co-sponsors, Indivisible Mass Coalition and Northampton Democratic City Committee and the Mass Dems Organizing Hub are proud to announce our first annual grassroots conference—The 2021 Grassroots Reboot.
Attendees will join grassroots leaders from across Massachusetts to build our community, strengthen our groups and find new ways of taking effective action. It will be the must-attend event for activist organizers and leaders across the state and beyond.
We’ve built a 2-hour, interactive agenda that will feature House Democratic Assistant Speaker Katherine Clark, Politico Contributing Editor Bill Scher, and workshops on postcard and letter-writing research, combatting disinformation, lessons from Georgia, and fighting for voting rights in New Hampshire.
10:00 am – 11:00 am — Keynote presentations
- Assistant Speaker Katherine Clark on voter protection and the state of our democracy
- Politico Contributing Editor Bill Scher on the road to 2022
- Swing Left Greater Boston on grassroots organizing
- Indivisible Mass Coalition on collaborating in Massachusetts and more
11:00 am – 11:25 am — Breakout 1
- Starting an Activism Hub
- Combating Disinformation
- Recruiting for Phonebanks
11:25 am – 11:50 am — Breakout 2
- Postcard and Letter-Writing Research
- Building Successful Coalitions in Georgia
- Talking to Voters
11:50 am – 12:00 pm — Closing
- Lucas Meyer, Senior Advisor, New Hampshire Coalition on Voting Rights: State of the State Next Door — How We Can Help Turn New Hampshire Blue
You don’t want to miss out.